Every January I am in the mood for something light after the very hearty meals of the holidays- but also something cozy and easy to make at home. This Cheesy Spaghetti Squash is the perfect solution. I love this light but filling dish and serving it in the squash makes for an easy clean up!
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash
1 spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (2 tablespoons per squash)
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/4 cup of panko
- ½ of grated parmesan
- 8 oz of fresh mozzarella
- 2 sprigs of parsley, ripped into small pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°and prepare your baking sheet with liner.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Then with a spoon remove the seeds. In each squash, brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place a sprig of rosemary in each squash. Place right-side up on a baking dish with parchment. Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until fork tender.
- Take out from the oven and remove rosemary. Pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil into each squash and scrape with a fork until squash has spaghetti consistency.
- Place half of the mozzarella in each squash and fold in mozzarella so that the squash is barely covering all the mozzarella.
- Top with parmesan, panko, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place back in the oven for 10 time or until panko and cheese looks crispy and golden.
- Serve warm.
Check out my Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Reel on Instagram to watch me make them!
Photos by Elizabeth Poett and Standish Ryan