Banana bread is a staple of baking, so why not add blueberries and an oatmeal crumble on top to enhance this classic. The blueberries are a delicious combo of tart and sweet, which pairs nicely with the banana base. Then finish the bread off with the oatmeal crumble that adds that oh so satisfying crunch.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablepoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled aats
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9x5 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix sugar and butter until well combined. Add in eggs, banana and mix well.
- Mix in dry ingredients a little at a time until fully incorporated. Then with a wooden spoon add in blueberries and mix carefully. Pour into the prepared pan.
- For Topping: In a medium bowl mix oats, sugar and salt. Top banana mixture generously.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting into the bread.
Featured on my Reels in Instagram here.
Photographs by Elizabeth Poett